My inspiration came from these Funfetti Chex Buddies that I found on Pinterest (where else?) Unlike the rest of the world, I hate funfetti cake. Well, honestly, I don't think I like any cakes... I'm a cookie girl for sure. I went the chocolate chip cookie dough route and this is what I got:
How scrumptious? Can you believe those are CRISPIX and not little mini cookies?!
- 2 cups of white melting chips (at the bulk food section this was 3/4 of a pound)
- 6 cups of Crispix (feel free use Chex, I just prefer the shape of Crispix more)
- 3/4 cup of powdered chocolate chip cookie dough mix (most pouches have at least 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Using a double boiler, melt the white melting chips until smooth
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal in a large mixing bowl
- Carefully mix together until the cereal pieces are coated in the white chocolate
- Add the mini chocolate chips and stir until combined (they will stick better if you mix them in at this step)
- Sprinkle the cookie dough mix over the pieces and stir until completely coated
- Chill in the fridge for about 6 minutes and store in a sealed container
They are super duper sweet and incredibly addictive. Whip them up and let me know what you think.