Today is our nephew's second birthday party! We got him a sweet techy gadget (if you knew the Mr. you would completely understand). While I'm positive he will absolutely love it once he figures out what it is, it won't have the allure of the Fisher-Price packaging. This is why I thought I might go about doing something a bit more creative with the wrapping.
The baby LOVES Elmo, probably about 10x more than he loves me. His parents put together quite the Sesame Street themed celebration. What better way to dress up our gift than with Elmo's face? Yeah yeah, I could have just gone and bought some Sesame Street wrapping paper, but I wanted something fun and unique. This was just that.
- My FREE Elmo Printable
- 8"x11" white cardstock
- Color printer
- Red wrapping paper
- Adhesive: glue stick, glue dots, etc
- Print out the Elmo face shapes onto white cardstock (it absorbs the saturation of ink better than normal copy paper)
- Carefully cut around each shape
- Arrange the face as shown above (Left eye slightly overlaps the right, nose sits between both eyes, and then the mouth in a big smile)
- Wrap your present using the red wrapping paper
- Adhere the face shapes to the package in the correct layout
- Presto finito, you are done!
To be notified of other fun projects, consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect.