Who doesn't love s'mores? I don't even like chocolate but I can inhale two s'mores without a second thought. They are the perfect summer time treat and a sweet nightcap to a long day. I'm always trying to come up with new ways to reinvent the wheel and these cookies are almost better than the original. They are super tasty and what's S'MORE (tee-hee) is that they are quick and easy. If we are going to jazz up the recipe anyhow, why not cheat a little and use cookie dough mix? I won't tell if you won't tell.
- Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (+ 1/4 cup of oil, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 egg)
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers finely chopped)
- 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 and gather all ingredients in one area
- Form chocolate dough into semi-round blobs (the dough will stick so I used only one hand to touch the raw dough)
- Toss the dough ball into the graham cracker crumbs and coat thoroughly
- Place dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (it's okay if they are slightly undercooked as they will be back in the oven soon anyhow)
- Chill on rack for 5-10 minutes, the return to cookie sheet
- Cut large marshmallows in half diagonally with kitchen shears
- Top each cookie with one half of a marshmallow -- sticky (cut) side down. rounded side up.
- Place the cookies under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until toasted (don't take your eyes off of marshmallows as you don't want them to char)
Don't these look fantastic? The best part is that they taste BETTER than they look. There's no reason why you shouldn't try this recipe considering you can get everything you need for less than 5 bucks.
They are best right out of the oven when everything is still warm but feel free to store in an air-tight container for up to one week.
If you like what you see, you should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other mouth-watering recipes and fun projects that will tickle your fancy.
I'm linking to: