Is it just me or is bunting everywhere? Don't get me wrong, I am DEFINITELY not complaining. Anything is ten times cuter when pennants are draped all over it: cards, cakes, entry ways, mugs, etc. I wanted to add a little whimsy to my sewing table and a mini bunting was just the touch my favorite frame needed.
- Washi tape in your favorite patterns or colors
- Solid white paper
- Embroidery floss in a coordinating color
- 1" hole punch
- Glue stick
- Bone folder & Scoring Board
- Apply the washi tape to the white paper in any pattern you'd like
- Punch out circles
- Using the bone folder and scoring board, score each circle down the center
- Fold the circles with the washi pattern on the outside and smear the glue across the inside
- Wrap the circles around the embroidery floss and press closed
- Decorate the accessories of your choice for a detail that is sure to impress
Yep, it's really that easy. Shocking, I know. In less than 10 minutes you'll have an adorable accent for your favorite things. You could use printed paper if you aren't a fan of washi tape (GASP!), but I adore my stash a bit too much to not utilize it in every way possible.
If you like what you see, you should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes that are sure to tickle your fancy.
I'm linking to: