It's September! Guess what that means? The Autumn holidays are upon us. Yay! I am so flipping excited about the next few months. I couldn't help but to get a Halloween project out of the way already.
These would look spooktacular clustered on your dining room table. They cast a fun shadow when lit and look eerie even when they are no flames inside. The best part is that they are completely customizable... you could do different shapes, colors, or even words! Just think -- how fantastic would these look spelling out Happy Halloween across your mantle?? The possibilities are endless!
- baby food jars / tea light holders / small glass container
- painters' tape / adhesive vinyl
- Krylon Looking Glass Paint
- Spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water
- Matte black spray paint
- Spray the Looking Glass paint directly inside the jars
- Spray the vinegar and water mixture lightly inside and shake out the excess
- While it's drying, draw and cut out shapes onto the painters tape or vinyl with a small x-acto knife (if you have a Cricut/Silhouette, definitely use it!)
- Adhere the silhouettes to your jars and spray over them lightly with the black spray paint
- Once the black paint is dry, remove the shapes and they are ready to use.
Easy as that!
Looking for more holiday ideas? You should consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect for other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes as the season continues. Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun.
I'm linking to: