Like my costume?
We kinda slacked this year and didn't decide on our costumes until an hour or so before we had to leave. Unfortunately, he didn't let me dress him up as Sugar Bear like I had wanted haha.
You too can make your own costume for Honey Boo Boo or any other Toddlers and Tiaras pageant princess!
Super easy, last-minute Honey Boo Boo costume
- Tutu - or tulle and elastic to make one yourself
- Girl's tshirt or something childish and sparkly (most ladies could easily fit into a girl's Large or XL)
- White Ribbon (1.5 yards) for a sash
- Girly pin
- Girls' white ruffled socks
- White Mary Jane shoes
- TONS OF MAKEUP
2. Cut off the neckline of the tshirt because it's probably going to be a bit snug around your head. This will give it an 80s off the shoulder look.
3. Write whatever you want on one half of the ribbon. This could say "Little Miss USA," "Ultimate Grand Supreme," etc. Fold it in half and pin it at the bottom to create a sash.
4. Assemble your ensemble. For modesty's sake, I wore a pink cami under the tee and a pink skirt under the tutu. I didn't have the time to tease the heck out of my hair or to curl it a la Shirley Temple so I threw it up in a messy up do with the tiara.
5. Last but not least, don't forget your over the top make-up! I put on excessive foundation, hot pink lipstick, big ole eyelashes, and lavender eye shadow.A look at years past:
(sorry, used my phone)
2011 - Mario & Princess Peach
2010 - Greek Goddess & Zombie
2009 - Police Officer (the Mr. was Cheech that year)
2008 - No costume as the Phillies won the World Series and we were in the city for the parade!
2007 - Tooth Fairy (this was a month before I met the Mr.)
Anywho, I'm back for good. I promise! We cancelled our trip for next week, so I'm going to rest and rehabilitate for a couple of days. What this means for you is that while I'm still hobbling around more than I would like, I'll be able to devote some real time to bloggy endeavors. I already have some ideas cooking up (and one that is literally cooking right now). Stay tuned!
I'm linking to: