This garland adds not only interest but also a ton of sentiment to our tree. All of the buttons used were from my Nanny's vintage button collection. She's also the one who taught me how to crochet so it's a double reminder of how much I love her and wish she (and my Pop-pop) could be with us for the holidays. Read on for the full tutorial!
Yarn of your choice (can’t be too thick/fuzzy but needs to be durable)
An appropriate sized crochet hook (dependent upon the yarn you choose)
- Thread all of the buttons onto the ball of yarn. (This can be a bit of a time buster but taping the end first will save a ton of time in the end)
- Crochet a number of continuous chain stitches for about one foot
- Pull up one button from the ball and stitch around it to keep it in place
- Crochet a 1-2” chain (about 5-10 stitches) immediately following the button
- Pull up another button and stitch around it
- Crochet another 5-10 stitches
- Repeat, repeat, repeat until you've used all of the buttons or reached the end of the yarn.
And our entire tree in all of it's glory.
I'm linking to: