- 1/4 cup - dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup - white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. - cayenne pepper (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp. - ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. - salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 lb. - pecan halves
- 2 egg whites
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine sugars, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and salt. Blend together with a fork.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites on med-high until very frothy. Stop before peaks begin to form.
4. Fold the sugar mixture into the egg whites until combined.
5. Drop in the nuts and toss until evenly coated.
6. Spread the spiced nut mixture onto the parchment-covered baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes; pull out once every 10 minutes to toss/flip.
8. Remove from oven and separate the nuts as they cool.
9. Once cool, they are ready to eat/store/gift.
After tasting these, your friends and family will be eating out of your hands (if you let them, that is). We're going to be hosting a Christmas party this year so I'll be making a huge batch to share. I encourage you to try this recipe out as well!
If you liked this recipe, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect. There are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun.
I'm linking to: