In these four short weeks, I feel like having a dog has already made such a difference to how I live my life.
- I live by a routine mostly because I have no choice
- I have a heck of a lot more patience because after all, "she's just a baby"
- I get tons of fresh air because that girl rarely tires of green grass and blue skies
- I spend more time enjoying nature because you never really know how many bunnies are right outside until you get a herding hound dog.
- I appreciate silence because there are few moments in the day when I have just that (though, what fun would a quiet world be anyhow?)
- I get to socialize more because I have opportunities to run into folks I never would have met before -- the dog treat baker, everyone at the dog park, the active neighbors around the block, and the kiddies that are attracted like magnets to Quinn.