Enjoy a simple prepare-ahead hot cocoa mix whenever the urge strikes.
INGREDIENTS (20 servings)
4 cups powdered milk
2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate shavings (or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/4 cup chocolate fudge pudding mix
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallow
drizzle of butterscotch or caramel topping
spoonful of marshmallow fluff
dollop of whipped cream
sprinkle of cocoa powder
1. In a large bowl, stir all of the mix ingredients (except the mini marshmallows) together with a fork.
2. Separate the mix into two batches and pulse the ingredients in a food processor until everything is completely ground and combined.
3. Stir in the mini marshmallows
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
When you're ready to make the hot cocoa:
1. Scoop out 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix into your favorite mug
2. Stir in 1 cup of hot milk (you could also do water, but after making a homemade mix, you might as well make it as rich as possible... right?!)
3. Drizzle the butterscotch/caramel into the cocoa
4. Add the fluff to one half of the cup and top it off with whipped cream on the other side
If you liked this treat, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect. There are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun.
I'm linking to: