You see, our fridge was kind of lacking in the magnet department (we had two mismatched hand-me-downs) and I thought that an update was drastically needed. I gathered my supplies and set to work creating a bulletin board of sorts on the side of our fridge.
printed washi tape
white washi tape
adhesive magnetic strips
self-healing cutting mat
1. Use pinking shears to cut the magnet into strips with jagged edges on each side.
2. Remove the paper backing from the adhesive side of the magnet.
3. Replace the paper backing with a layer of white washi tape directly on top of the adhesive. This layer is pretty much to ensure that the color integrity is as true as possible for the next layer of washi tape.
4. Apply a second layer of washi tape, but this time, use a pattern. I decided to go the simple route and used some black and white patterns.
5. Lay your magnet, tape side down, on your cutting mat.
6. Carefully trim around the sides of the magnet with your xacto knife to keep everything precise and straight.
Once it's completely cut out, your magnets are ready to be stuck wherever you want. Yep, that's that. Now your fridge (or any other metal surface) can look just as fantastic and super cute as a scrapbook page.
I love it! What about you??
If you liked this project, I'd be delighted if you'd consider following Spool and Spoon via email or through Google Friend Connect; there are plenty of other simple tutorials and mouth-watering recipes for you to discover! Also, did you know Spool and Spoon has a Facebook? Hop on over so you don't miss any of the fun.
I'm linking to: