This quiche even got the husband's seal of approval (I say even because even I was surprised that he'd eat it... seeing as it's meatless and all); it was out of this world delicious!
1 frozen pie crust
1lb sliced wild mushrooms
2 large leeks, sliced (light green and white parts only)
1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup light cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon dry red wine
salt/pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Allow the crust to partially thaw
3. Melt butter over medium-low heat; saute leeks and mushrooms with the wine until tender (about 10 minutes)
4. In a small bowl, toss both cheeses with the flour
5. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream
6. Pour the leek and mushroom mixture into the crust; sprinkle with salt and pepper
7. Sprinkle all of the cheese over the leeks and mushrooms
8. Pour the eggs over the entire thing; gently poke around to ensure that the eggs soak all the way through the cheese and veggies
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 375, then for 25-30 more minutes at 350 until golden brown.
Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!
I'm linking to: